I had some interesting tech ideas and questions that I thought might interest you and help get some brain-juices flowing on the next big ideas for JournoDAO.
I see JournoDAO as being in a young state characterized by a search through the many problems of 2020’s journalism for an opportunity to help out, eyeing web3 as a new lens to view the problems through. In the long-term, I think that JournoDAO is at least partially interested in orchestrating web3 journalism tools for a use case/persona, or creating one of their own. I could envision a future stage for JournoDAO characterized by hypothesizing lots of ideas, disproving a few, and experimenting with a small remainder of those.
With JournoDAO’s forum as an excellent and less-scrollable backdrop, I’m interested in hearing some ideas on web3 journalism tooling from anyone interested.
My goals for this thread are:
- Spread web3 journalism tool ideas and kickstart even more ideation conversations in hopes of creating more opportunities to validate solutions that can help JournoDAO scale sustainably.
- Generate a list of new ideas to explore with JournoDAO
- Secondary to both of the above, find at least one idea small enough in scope to hack on in the name of experimentation. Something that would just be a few-week long part-time hacking sort of project. I’m not betting on getting this far . That said, if it does get that far, I am interested in implementing with a specific tech, and I’ll get to the why behind that a bit later.
I’d just ask folks to freely discuss:
- problems in the space
- ideas for web3 journalism tools
… whether building off of someone else’s idea, or providing a completely new one, I don’t think it matters too much!
To start, I’d like to give some examples, based on ideas we’ve discussed in the past.
- A publishing system where the story version control is stored on-chain as a public record
- A publishing system where necessary pre-publish work can be concealed and then revealed later
- Witness protection
- Anonymous tip line
- Chain with gas paid through day pass/subscription/other payment model